PIN + PITCH - in a town near you!
Over 2.5 hours we'll explore two quite separate BUT important subjects that can impact the growth of your small business.
Many of us use it like crazy for gathering ideas for personal projects. But why not combine that time to highlight and throw bridges out leading back to your business?
This presentation is a soft introduction on how businesses can integrate and use Pinterest as a "free" tool to gain exposure on a global scale.
- a solid set up for a business/brand presence on Pinterest
- ways to present your business/brand vs you, the curator
- Pinterest and your site
- ideas on set up and layout of boards
- how to include your own content to pull people through to your site
- good practice
PITCHING TO MEDIA:
Social Media gives us a massive opportunity to promote our own businesses....but there is still great value in being shared by others! Many media outlets now have a 360 degree presence with, what was formerly known as; Traditional Media (magazines, newspapers, television, radio) commanding large audiences across their print, online platforms, video production, events and collaboration projects that can propel brands into the spotlight of thousands of people.
But how do you pitch your business/project/event/product to editors in a way that will get you noticed and get you published?
I'll share my own knowledge from curating one of NZ/AUS longest running design blogs plus valued tips from the editors leading some of our best multi platform media outlets!
We will cover:
- importance of identifying relevant media
- how to make contact
- preparing content
- follow up?
- multiple media coverage
- the needs/expectations of online media vs traditional media
$95 plus GST per person
- If you are booking this class AND the full day social media workshop then please use the code: DOUBLEWHAMMY to receive a discount of $20
- GST will be added during the Paypal checkout process
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Refer to current listings in dropdown menu below.
Further dates and locations to be added.
Class is from 5.30 - 8 pm
(HAMILTON class is 10 am - 12.30 pm)
We will aim to kick off on time so please aim to arrive 10 -15 minutes early.
WHAT TO BRING:
Please pack for note taking if you like. There is no supporting paperwork with this presentation however during the live presentation I have no problem you snapping slides with your phone.
Please don't bring a laptop or tablet.
FORMAT + EXTRAS:
A projected presentation AND live demonstrations of points.
Regular stops for questions and clarification as well as examples being given to be relevant to those in class and their industries.
Any further questions please contact Julia on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0272656216
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 10 attendees is required for this workshop to run.
- Wanaka - 27 Sept : Peak Functions, 181/185 Upton St, Wanaka
- Wellington - 11 October : Neighbourhood Studio - 28/369 Adelaide Rd Newtown
- Auckland - 17 October : Studio One Toi Tū, 1 Ponsonby Road, Auckland